Wednesday, November 30, 2011

A time for thanks :)

This past weekend was Thanksgiving and my hubby, my brother and I drove down to Colorado to spend the weekend with my family :)
We hopped in the car at 630 in the morning on Wednesday and headed on our way. While driving down, we happened to get a flat tire after 2hrs on the road. Luckily! My wonderful husband and awesome brother knew what to do ;) cuz i have no idea. I sat in the warm car while they got out and changed the tire in the cold. :)
me looking at Jake from inside the car :)
The boys changing the tire

So Thursday morning (Thanksgiving day) I slept in while the boys went and played some football. I was having a wonderful morning hanging out with my sweet little niece Chloe and nephew Brody just eating breakfast when I got the strangest call. Jake's mom calls me and asks "is Highlands Ranch Urgent Care close to you?" first of all, I am SUPER confused...and I respond "um, I think so..." and Karen says "ok good, well I called and gave them all my information for Jake so he shouldn't need anything else." Me: "Jake? why'd you call for Jake?" Karen: "Jake broke his finger" Me: "WHAT?!" Jake walks in the door right as i said that. And I'm like "Jake! you broke your finger and didn't tell me?!" His response was "well, you just woke up when I called and I was going to tell you when I got back." haha. So we spent the morning in an urgent care center getting x-rays and a splint put on Jake's finger.

Jake is ok, he saw a Doctor here in Provo yesterday morning and he is getting surgery on it tomorrow morning to get a pin put in it.
Jake's poor finger

But I am pleased to say that the rest of our weekend was just peachy :) We (us girls) played games and the boys watched football all weekend long while eating leftover turkey.

Brody loves his uncle Jake :)

tired boy
It was fun to have all of my family together for a weekend. I am very Thankful for every one of them. I love you all :)


No comments:

Post a Comment